Photo Challenge Day 10


 

Hello again! This is a teddy bear I have had for nearly 8 years. Apparently stuffed animals are important to me in coping with my epilepsy because he also has a story to tell.

This teddy bear has no name, but is just known as "my gosh bear" or more precisely "my GOSH bear". He was a birthday present from all the nurses on the ward I was staying in when I had my 15th birthday in Great Ormond Street Hospital having EEG telemetry.

I was admitted for telemetry on my birthday which I was ok with. I was just settling in to my room and waiting to be wired up when the nurses came in singing Happy Birthday with a stash of presents! I was so embarrassed at the singing but so excited that I still had something to celebrate on my birthday other than wires being attached to my head! Among the presents the nurses gave me was this bear and he pretty much didn't leave my side all week! And nearly every time I've needed a cuddly toy for comfort since then and I haven't been able to bring Shamu (see Day 2), my GOSH bear has been there for the ride.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Purple Day 2021!

Loneliness and Isolation