Photo Challenge Day 15


Hello again! I've got no idea why I'm dragging up these photos! I've spent years trying to bury them into nothingness at the bottom of my Facebook page but unfortunately, it works perfectly for what I'm trying to say. I've talked a lot about various different triggers of mine throughout this photo challenge. One I haven't spoken about much is sleep deprivation. If my brain doesn't get enough sleep I start seizing. I was always the boring kid at sleepovers past about 9 o'clock because I needed to sleep. This photo is the result of a prank that I can now admit how funny it was (even if it took a few years!), at a friend's sleepover where I was the only person asleep! I had to be that kid though. Even now, if I have too many nights of poor sleep together, it'll trigger seizures for me. Now my meds have things more under control, so my twitching will just get worse, but if I didn't get enough good sleep, that used to trigger a full cluster of seizures for me which unfortunately wasn't worth whatever hijinks went on while I slept, even if I felt a bit left out afterwards. 

A few years ago I got into the habit of being awake at 4 o'clock in the morning seizing, and then my body clock was just stuck. This was making things worse though as my poor sleeping pattern was making recovering from the seizures harder, as well as making me more likely to seize. A relaxation CD from a psychotherapist and a few weeks later I was getting better at sleeping like a regular human. Since then if I've had sleep issues I just go back to the sleep CD which I keep on my phone or I just listen to a sleep music playlist on Spotify depending on how bad things have got. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Purple Day 2021!

Dealing with Myths and Misconceptions

Photo Challenge Day 10