Photo Challenge Day 20


 

Hello again! This is a very recent photo that means a lot to me personally. This is the selfie I took just before pushing the button to publish my very first 2 blogs! This is something I would never have done if I had lived my life without epilepsy. I wouldn't have a lifetime of stories to tell! This blog has even just in the last few months been a really cathartic experience as I've been able to throw all my feelings on a page!  That's been really helpful for me and hearing people's responses to my stories has been unbelievably humbling and at times really moving. My epilepsy is something I have never struggled with sharing with people who needed to know around me, but I never dreamed of having the courage to share this part of my life with anyone in the world who happens upon it. It took me till I was about 16 or so when I started realising I wasn't the only person in the world with epilepsy, and raising awareness for epilepsy became something important to me. Now I'm in a place where I'm comfortable sharing my story and letting my voice be heard, so I do that through my blogs. I'm thoroughly enjoying sharing my stories and I hope you continue to stick around to listen to my rambles! I'm so grateful to everyone who takes the time to read my blog. You are all wonderful! I'm going to carry on posting and my usual schedule of every other Monday will resume on 7th December. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Purple Day 2021!

Dealing with Myths and Misconceptions

Photo Challenge Day 10