Photo Challenge Day 8


Hello again! This was a photo taken in the middle of a heatwave. Overheating is one of my triggers so a heatwave can be pretty problematic. But part of my life is managing anything that could trigger a seizure, as well as noticing what my triggers are. Some of my other triggers are sleep deprivation, low blood sugars, and stress. But overheating has always been a big one for me. So when we had a heatwave earlier this year one of my colleagues at work suggested a cool towel that has been revolutionary for me. When it was really hot and I started twitching because I was overheating I started wearing it on my head. Even in public! In this photo, I'm out with my fiancé on a lunch date and I started twitching because I was too hot. The result was this look! I might look like a pirate, and I think Michael may have been a bit embarrassed by me looking like that in a restaurant but it helped to manage one of my triggers so I didn't really care! I'd rather look like a pirate in a fancy restaurant than start seizing because I couldn't get my temperature under control!

Managing triggers is a balancing act and can be really tricky. However, once you know what your triggers are, that's the priority, not looking cool!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Purple Day 2021!

Dealing with Myths and Misconceptions

Loneliness and Isolation