Medical ID


This is my medical ID. I have it in 2 forms that never leave my person. I never take off this necklace. Well not unless my baby niece, who likes eating it, is around! The reason I have a necklace is specifically so that I don’t have to take it off as my work in a hospital means I cannot wear a bracelet.

I also have a card (along with the necklace which are from Medicalert) which has a bit more detail on it. However, both include information on my epilepsy and allergies as well as a way to access my full medical history.  These are really helpful as they mean, if anything happens to me and I end up in an accident, it’s much easier to access my medical history, this includes what meds I take and what I’m allergic to. These things give me more confidence to go out independently.

Trying to get me to wear my medical ID when I was little was a palaver, I hated it! Thankfully, I’ve started to understand what it does for me, so I feel much better about wearing it and appreciate the safety net it provides me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photo Challenge Day 10

Something to snack on!

Personalised Seizure Information Leaflet