Photo Challenge Day 17


 

Hello again! This is the corner of my room when I keep and organise all my medications! As you can see it's quite extensive! This is because my epilepsy has been termed pharmaco-resistant meaning that it doesn't respond well to drugs. Therefore, there are 5 medications I take on a regular basis. Then there are the medications I take to combat the side effects of the first 5. And then after that is the medication which I only take in case of an emergency (i.e. my rescue medication, anti-sickness). This looks like a bigger part of my life than it feels. Even though taking these medications has a massive impact on my health, I have grown very used to it. I can't remember a time when I wasn't taking tablets, though the medication regime changes as my consultant continues to try and improve control over my seizures. But because I am so used to it now, all I do is make sure I fill a pill pot every evening at the end of my day. I then have an alarm set to remind me to take them, and even if I didn't have an alarm, my body would remind me pretty quickly as seizure activity would start within about half an hour. 

My pill pot is possibly one of the most important things I own! It has made managing my epilepsy by organising my medication so much easier. I now have a set system in place that works for me and that's the most important thing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Purple Day 2021!

Dealing with Myths and Misconceptions

Photo Challenge Day 10