Photo Challenge Day 18


 

Hello again! This year, due to Covid-19, my work had to put on hold the plans it had for Purple Day in March. Therefore all our purple celebrations are happening now, in November, during Epilepsy Awareness Month. The picture above is my personal attempt at something we are encouraging people to do which is bring a bit more purple joy into the world with Purple Doodles. Despite being told there was no theme, every doodle on the piece of paper above has some kind of meaning. It is all based on my childhood, hence the princess crowns, flowers and friendship bracelets. However, there are also lots of nods to my epilepsy in there! There are teardrops, representative of my crying during seizures. There is me asleep, which is a nod to the fatigue and exhaustion seizures can give me. There is a brain, due to the fact that epilepsy is a neurological condition. There is also a very poor attempt at drawing an EEG (although I have been told it looks like a peacocks feathers by multiple people!) and a Doughnut shape representative of an MRI scanner. I have lost count of the number of these scans I have had but it's a fair few to say the least! My GOSH bear from earlier on in the photo challenge is also in there! Some of my triggers are also in there. The tree is supposed to represent heights, the sun is me overheating. 

Some of the more observant out there might be wondering what on earth the multiplication sums are doing there but I promise there is a reason! When I was about 8-9 years old I went through a time when my maths teacher was giving me a times tables exercise to do, and I think it was the stress that kept on triggering seizures during times tables squares! It was very strange... On almost a weekly basis I would start seizing during this maths exercise! My year 9 maths teacher thought I was a bit odd to say the least (he wouldn't be wrong!).  But that's the very bizarre reasoning for that! 

There are also other things in there which you would recognise if you know me very well, or which might come up in future blogs if they haven't already but I won't bore you with all of it! Slightly different for today but I hope you enjoyed this tour of my doodling brain! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Purple Day 2021!

Dealing with Myths and Misconceptions

Photo Challenge Day 10