Photo Challenge Day 3



Hello again! So today's photo is where I feel safest when I'm having a bad day. My living room floor, on my quilt, surrounded by pillows and with Shamu who you may have met yesterday somewhere very close. This is me on a rough day during sixth form procrastinating from an essay I had to write by trying out the camera on my laptop but hey the photo came in handy! 

 When I was little I fell off the sofa whilst seizing, and ever since then have always felt safer and much more comfortable on the ground for the simple reason that there is nowhere to fall! So on a rough day, I will spend my time on the living room floor. With space around me so I don't hit anything if I do have a seizure, and lots of squishy things to make me as safe as possible. I have Shamu who helps me move around the house if necessary, and there is almost always a fan in the room as well so I don't overheat as overheating is a trigger for me. I'll almost always be found either in a vest and shorts or PJ's to stop me from overheating. I'll also have a travel cup to hand so if I do seize a flailing limb doesn't break one of my mum's glasses. 

 This is the space I have created for myself which I feel most comfortable in. Other people will have other ways they feel safe and comfortable but this is my space when I'm feeling rough. It works for me so I don't plan on changing it! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Purple Day 2021!

Dealing with Myths and Misconceptions

Photo Challenge Day 10