Photo Challenge Day 5


Hello again! Today I'm getting pretty real. Today I wanted to talk about something not often talked about; injuries as a result of seizures. I have it quite easy in regards to injuries due to seizures, at least in comparison to some people. I have had some injuries when I was younger, but no one thought it appropriate at the time to take a photo of me as a toddler getting my scalp glued back together because I've fallen out of bed seizing. I'm able to talk about that story so light-heartedly because I was so young and I remember absolutely none of it! However, for lots of people, injuring themselves seizing is a daily reality. 

More recently I have been on a medication that has impacted my balance. I always knew I was clumsy but this has taken things to a whole new level. I'm falling over My feet for no reason whatsoever. I'm walking into anything and everything. The bruises on my legs could rival me at nine years old on a tree climbing spree! (That's impressive!) Until a few weeks ago, I've always been so protected and shielded that I've forgotten what it's like to be injured because of epilepsy. And now, even though I am constantly falling over or crashing into things, it's made me grateful that I don't suffer far worse because of my seizures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Purple Day 2021!

Dealing with Myths and Misconceptions

Photo Challenge Day 10