Rescue Medications


I have had tonic-clonic seizures throughout my life.( Tonic clonic seizures | Epilepsy Society) I have been given medication to use if my seizure lasts longer than 2 minutes, administered by somebody else of course. Thankfully I haven’t needed this medication in years, but it’s still really important I have it, just in case!

Whilst I now understand the importance of keeping rescue meds on my person, I haven’t always been so understanding. I was nearly unable to go on a school trip because the school lacked someone able to administer the medication, if necessary. Nowadays I understand the need to be prepared & that situations can change quickly, but this was difficult to explain to 12 year-old me & if that’s why I was missing out on a trip, it didn’t go down well…( my mum was a LEGEND! She came up with magical solutions. My younger self didn’t realise how much she sacrificed for me.)

I can now appreciate the need to be ready for any situation. After 11 years more experience of life I can appreciate the uncertain nature of my condition a bit more & therefore the need to carry around my emergency meds. I know I can’t predict my seizures, but I’m as prepared as I can be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Purple Day 2021!

Photo Challenge Day 10

My Experience of Hospital Stays