A Conversation with my Mum: My Epilepsy from her Perspective

Hello again! A few days ago I sat down with my amazing mum and had a conversation about what it was like to be the parent of a child with a complex neurological condition. Specifically me. During this interview, we discuss what it was like being my mum during a weird and complicated diagnosis, managing things like school, how my brothers were told I had epilepsy as well as a fair bit more! 

This was not a conversation that would normally happen so it was really nice to sit down with her and try and get some of her perspective on certain things as well as her insights, people who have helped her the most and things that she has learned. 

My mum decided that she didn't want to be filmed so for the most part this is entirely audio. I hope that's ok! However, because we are muppets, we didn't realise until after recording that we had used lots of people's names when we shouldn't have done. Thus, every now and then, a message will appear on the screen for clarification or to explain who we are referring to because we've muted the audio. 


I hope you enjoy! Introducing...my mum!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Purple Day 2021!

Photo Challenge Day 10

Loneliness and Isolation