Photo Challenge Day 11


 

Hello everyone! This is another photo that there is a bit more to it than meets the eye. This was taken on holiday in Wales where a walk along the beach became a bit more complicated when I started twitching quite severely and thought I was close to a generalised seizure. 

Heights have been a trigger for me since I was very young and I fell off of a sofa.This beach was at the bottom of a very steep hill and the height looking down over the beach was a trigger for me.  However, I didn't really recover when I got down onto solid ground, or even when I got back into the car like I thought I would. I struggled for the rest of the day, even later on when I was eating my dinner, I ended up sitting on the floor. Eating my dinner on the floor is a regular thing for me when I'm struggling, and I even do it nowadays when I'm feeling twitchy. It's a technique I use to feel safer and also I don't have to worry about the destruction of crockery if I do seize.

I love this photo and while it doesn't show any of the seizures, the fear, or the anxiety, getting to enjoy hanging out on that beach with my fiance was really lovely and this photo does show that, even it's hiding the other side of the story. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Purple Day 2021!

Dealing with Myths and Misconceptions

Photo Challenge Day 10