Photo Challenge Day 16


 
Hello again! This is me doing possibly one of the scariest things I have ever done. This is me on the balcony of a cathedral in Basel, Switzerland. After climbing a spiral staircase and some steps that were barely there anymore I made it here. And then I went back down after taking a photo to prove I had done it! This was a terrifying and triggering experience for me. I know that heights are a trigger for me. They have been since I fell off a sofa when I was very little. So it's no surprise that I became really twitchy halfway up, but unlike the Castle in Ukraine, there was no option to turn back around! When I got to the top, I was clinging to the walls for dear life in the hope that I managed to get back to the ground before I had a full convulsive seizure, which I just about did! And felt much better once my feet were back on solid ground! I learned that day to avoid my triggers rather than try and push them to the limits. I could feel how close I was to a convulsive seizure and at one point really thought I was going into one. Next time, I'll just stay on the ground! (Even if the view was stunning!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Purple Day 2021!

Dealing with Myths and Misconceptions

Photo Challenge Day 10