Photo Challenge Day 2


 Hello again! Today I thought I'd show you the first time I met a cuddly toy killer whale called Shamu. For a stuffed creature he has been pretty important in my epilepsy story for the past thirteen years. He has been not only a great comforter as a child accompanying me into hospital even in recent days. As I grew up he came in very handy as a cushion to land on as I rather precariously moved around the house on my bad days. I, even now, if I'm having a bad day will crawl around carrying him underneath me as I go so that if I do seize I have a soft landing and don't injure myself. 

He is also the guardian of my family's circulation. Let me explain... I've been known to get very grabby when things get bad. If I have hold of something tightly it can make me feel more safe and secure when I'm having a rough day. I can't injure something squishy and full of stuffing like Shamu and if I'm grabbing onto him, I'm not cutting off the circulation of my family's arms. 

People had reservations about a cuddly killer whale nearly as big as me but he's definitely proved his worth. He's much more than just another cuddly toy to me and absolutely worth the hassle of the eleven hour plane journey to bring him back from Florida!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Purple Day 2021!

Dealing with Myths and Misconceptions

Photo Challenge Day 10